Custom Search

Sunday, July 19, 2009

What I Do Not Like About UP Ayala Land Technohub

I love working at UP Ayala Land Technohub. But there is one thing that really pisses me off. I think that UP Technohub is sooooo not bus-commuter-friendly. It does not have designated loading and unloading areas.

This is what happens when I go home from work every workday. It usually is around 7pm. I go out of Technohub through the middle gate. That is gate 2 I believe. I need to ride a bus. The area is toooooooo dark!!! If I wear dark-colored outfits, the bus drivers will never see me. So I try to wear light-colored attires. As there are no designated loading and unloading areas, wherever I stand, jeepneys, vans, and cabs go loading or unloading. Drivers of these smaller vehicles also always stop by me thinking I will ride their vehicles. So, when the buses pass by, even if I use all my God-given abilities to wave and catch the attention of the bus driver, they do not see me!! How can they see me when I am blocked by all the jeepneys, vans, and cabs?!! Buses usually use the middle lanes. They do not go to the outer lanes unless they see a passenger waving their hands like crazy. Sometimes, even if they see me waving like hell, they still don't stop. It's too late to swerve to the outer lane and stop given their momentum. Besides who would have thought that someone needs a ride in that very, very, very dark area?!

So I usually wait an average of 30minutes before I miraculously catch a bus. Most of the time, I am able to get a ride because a bus is unloading a passenger so it has to stop, and so I can run to the bus and thank heavens that that part of my day is finally over.

Effective lighting of the area would be truly appreciated.


www.dailylifequotes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment